We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The habit of eating fruits is not only good to avoid cardiovascular diseases and diabetes, but also to avoid childhood obesity.
Many parents worry that their children don't like fruit. Although eating fruit is a habit that must be acquired since they are very young in the porridge, there are many ways to achieve it when the child is a little older.
One of the ways to encourage children to eat fruit is to always have it in view of the little one, on the table, on the counter or in the fridge, and if possible cut into pieces, so that children can eat it at all times. It is advisable to have fruits of the time, they are cheaper and have better flavor and quality. If you are going to buy fruit already cut and packaged, choose the one that does not have added sugar. The fruit must be eaten as is, without sugar.
It is not about convincing children that fruits are important in their diet and for their health, it is about convincing them to try a piece of fruit. But how do you get it? The experts in infant feeding agree to apply some strategies:
1. The first is the example. If parents or older siblings (if any) do not eat fruit, the child will not want to try it. The example is a motivation for children.
2. Insist. Even if the child refuses to eat a piece of fruit today, do not stop trying. Day after day, you keep trying, with different fruits. Many cases end up convincing the child to try the fruit after 20 days.
3. Share the same fruit. That is, if you are going to give an apple to your child, share it with the number of people around him. IF you and your son are alone, split the apple in two so that he feels committed to eating at least his half of the apple. It may work.
4. Invite your child to cook and participate in making a fruit recipe. Ask him to taste the fruit in question to see if it tastes good. That is a kind of 'cheat' way but the kids will feel more motivated.
5. When your child finally decides to eat some fruit, don't give them a treat for it. Praise her decision and make a plan of the fruits she likes best.
One of the very practical and rich recipes to stimulate the consumption of fruits is to always have a fruit salad for the kids in the fridge. If you want to introduce fruit into your children's diet, be it for breakfast, dessert or snack, this fruit salad can represent a big step:
For this delicious recipe you will need:
- 3 oranges
- 2 apples
- 2 pears
- 2 bananas
- 3 kiwis
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- You can also add pieces of other fruits such as watermelon, grapes, strawberries, mango, etc.
To start, each fruit is peeled and cut into small pieces, placing them in a bowl. An orange is reserved to be squeezed over the fruits when they are cut, along with the honey. This is a very simple way to surprise the little ones in the house. Fruit salads can also be accompanied by a scoop of ice cream or some syrup for dessert.
Recipes with apples for children. The apple is one of the first fruits that we can include in baby's porridge, in children's desserts and snacks. our site has selected the easiest and most exquisite apple recipes for your children.
Recipes with bananas for children and family. The banana in the diet of children and pregnant women. Why should children take bananas? Banana recipes for children, an easy to eat fruit high in potassium, magnesium, sodium and iron.
Homemade recipes with orange for children. On our site we offer you original, healthy and easy recipes made with orange. Orange is one of the fruits that contains the most vitamins and minerals, so it is one of the first that the baby will take when starting with the fruit porridge.
Recipes with homemade peaches. Original recipes with peach for dessert, snack or breakfast for children. Take advantage of the properties of the peach to make original desserts for children.
Pear sponge cake recipe for children. If you are looking for a healthy, delicious and simple sponge cake for breakfast, snack or dessert for children, this is the recipe. We will tell you how to make a sponge cake, fluffy and delicious, step by step. Ideal recipe for children and pregnant women with a little more weight.
Kiwi carpaccio recipe with strawberries. The Strawberry and Kiwi Carpaccio is a light, nutritious and very refreshing recipe, especially in times of less cold. And one more way to get children to taste and eat fruits.
You can read more articles similar to My son does not like fruit. What I do?, in the Infant Nutrition On-Site category.